Easy cauliflower tots recipe
Love tater tots? We do too! But the potato version isn’t the kind of thing we can eat very often. That versatile veggie cauliflower stars in this healthy twist on the old classic, and the whole recipe takes less than 30 minutes.
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 3 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- To cook the cauliflower florets, steam 2 cups of raw cauliflower florets in a little water in a covered pot for for 4 to 5 minutes. They should be tender but not mushy. Then dry them on a paper towel.
- Finely chop the cooked florets.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cauliflower mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
Makes about 32 – 34 tots
Servings: 4 • Size: 8 tots • Calories: 148 • Fat: 5 g • Protein: 10 g • Carb: 16 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 397 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 47 mg
Recipe curated from Skinnytaste.com and previously featured on Rise.
Tagscauliflower recipe tater tots healthy
The One Medical blog is published by One Medical, a national, modern primary care practice pairing 24/7 virtual care services with inviting and convenient in-person care at over 100 locations across the U.S. One Medical is on a mission to transform health care for all through a human-centered, technology-powered approach to caring for people at every stage of life.
Any general advice posted on our blog, website, or app is for informational purposes only and is not intended to replace or substitute for any medical or other advice. 1Life Healthcare, Inc. and the One Medical entities make no representations or warranties and expressly disclaim any and all liability concerning any treatment, action by, or effect on any person following the general information offered or provided within or through the blog, website, or app. If you have specific concerns or a situation arises in which you require medical advice, you should consult with an appropriately trained and qualified medical services provider.