Effective Date: January 1, 2020
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), 1Life Healthcare, Inc., together with its affiliated One Medical professional corporations (“One Medical”, “we” or “us”) provides its employees, contractors, and job applicants who are California residents (“California Personnel” or “you”) with this California Employee Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”).
This Privacy Notice does not apply to your personal information that we already protect under other laws including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
We will update this Privacy Notice at least once every 12 months, so please review periodically for updates. When we make changes to this Privacy Notice, we will update it on our website and indicate the “Last Revised” date. Updates will be effective from the date they are published.
2. Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California resident, household or device ("Personal Information"). In particular, in the year before the Effective Date of this Privacy Notice, we may have collected the following categories of personal information from our California Personnel:
a. Identifiers: including names, alias, postal addresses, unique personal identifiers, emails, account names, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number or other similar identifiers. In this context, a “unique personal identifier” means a persistent identifier that can be used to recognize you, or a device that is linked to you, including device identifier, IP address, and other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers.
b. Demographics and Protected Characteristics Information: including race, age, national origin, religion, sex/gender (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and other related conditions), gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military or veteran status, disability, accommodation requests, request for family care leave, request for leave for an employee’s own health condition.
e. Employment-related Information: including compensation, beneﬁts, beneﬁciary designations, employment contracts, employment history, personnel files, performance reviews, disciplinary actions, professional designations, training, visa status, professional and business event attendance, business travel, business expenses, use of company assets, pre-hire documents such as job applications, resumes, and background check information, information captured from video, audio, systems, or other forms of business and security monitoring.
f. Education Information: including education background, such as education records, report cards, and transcripts that are not publicly available.
g. Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: including internet and electronic network usage, information about your interactions with websites and applications, browsing history, time and geolocation data related to your company asset use, and physical access to One Medical office locations.
3. Purposes for Collecting Your Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
a. Workforce-related purposes:
- Administer compensation and expense reimbursements, including payroll, expense reimbursements, and to administer other compensation related payments, including bonuses and equity compensation.
- Administer employment benefits such as medical, dental, optical, commuter, leave, and retirement benefits, including recording and processing eligibility of dependents, absence and leave administration, and benefit account management.
- Track job performance, including performance reviews, feedback, promotions, relocations, and workforce re-structuring.
- Manage professional licenses credentials relating to work responsibilities, ensuring compliance, education, training, examination and other requirements are met with applicable regulatory and oversight authorities.
- Provide professional development, including training, career planning, and skills development.
- Monitor your eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Conduct healthcare-related activities, including conducting pre-employment and employment-related medical screenings, return to work processes, and medical case management needs, determining medical suitability for particular tasks, operating sickness policies and procedures.
- Ensuring a safe and efficient working environment, including conducting workplace surveys, enforcing workplace policies, business code of conduct investigations, and disciplinary actions.
b. Ensuring the privacy and security of One Medical’s information assets, including member information, patient information, and company confidential and proprietary information.
c. Maintaining the security of One Medical business and technology assets, including physical and cyber security such as monitoring ingress/egress of our physical locations, monitoring email, Internet, and other systems access, detecting and protecting against security incidents and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, or violations of One Medical policy or law.
d. Comply with applicable laws, regulatory requirements, rules, and ordinances, including legal and regulatory reporting requirements.
e. Contact and assist you in case of an emergency or disaster, such as reaching out for wellness checks during wildfires or earthquakes.
f. Event planning, including for recurring and unique team and company-wide events such as regional conferences and holiday parties.
g. Audit purposes.
4. Your Rights
You have the right to be informed about the Personal Information we collect and the purposes for which we use your Personal Information, which we inform you through this Privacy Notice. Certain rights under the CCPA, including the right to access your Personal Information, do not apply to California Personnel at this time. When they do, we will update this Privacy Notice.
As further detailed in One Medical’s information security policies, you have no right to privacy in your use of our information technology resources, including emails and communications for work purposes which constitute One Medical business records and which are monitored and may be reviewed or disclosed at any time without further prior notice for compliance, legal, and operational needs.
5. Further Information
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact email@example.com.