One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
Dispensary Nurse (LPN)
As a Dispensary Nurse you will be at the forefront of making sure patients get the medications as ordered by our clinical team. This gives you the opportunity to connect one on one with patients at their time of needing help with medications assisting them in feeling their best. You will be at times the patient’s last point of contact in the office, and that will give you the chance to use your strong verbal skills to engage with them, creating trusting relationships with each encounter. You will enhance their knowledge about their medication thus opening the door for patient feedback and/or questions. You’d be an important teammate and this position will let you help patient’s in a unique way.
- Full time
What you'll be working on:
- Continuous learning during weekly Clinical Rounds and through other modalities
- Ongoing collaboration with in-office teammates via daily huddles, as well as with virtual clinical teams
- Maintaining appropriate inventory by doing weekly inventory and weekly medication ordering as per Clinic Formulary indicates.
- Dispense medications and refill medications as ordered per Provider.
- Ensure medication labels are properly completed before dispensing.
- Maintain medications in the dispensary with appropriate dates, discarding expired medications as indicated.
- Storing medications as indicated by Pharmaceutical Company i.e. appropriate room temperature and/or refrigerated medications will be stored in a temperature monitored refrigerator.
- Ensure all medications dispensed are in a childproof container.
- Ensure that two teammates check and initial medication(s) to assure accuracy before patients receive medication.
- Ensure there’s a licensed person in the clinic before dispensing medication(s).
- Ensure the patient is provided with a medication information sheet for each medication prescribed and dispensed.
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- At least one year of Nursing experience administering medications in a patient care setting or Home Health Care.
- State licensed in Alabama
- Ability to work Saturdays (required)
- Ability to commute to both our Hoover and Birmingham offices
- Experience with Phlebotomy (preferred)
One Medical providers also demonstrate:
- A passion for human-centered primary care
- The ability to successfully communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues
- Readiness to adapt personal and interpersonal behavior to meet the needs of our patients
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- Competitive salary: starts at $20.50/hour
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role in-person with our team and patients in either our Birmingham or Hoover, AL office
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.