One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As a Category Manager at One Medical, you will be responsible for managing the go to market strategy of an assigned group of categories. Leveraging highly developed mathematics and communication skills, you will drive market research activities, vendor identification, contract negotiations, the onboarding of new suppliers, and manage supplier relationships to achieve target contribution.
Reporting to the Manager of Strategic Sourcing, this position is responsible for identifying new opportunities and risks and the identification of new business opportunities to drive organizational impact. You will be persuasive, results driven, goal-oriented, and excellent at selling category strategy to all stakeholders.
If you are passionate about leveraging technology and data to drive business and supply chain-related decisions, rolling up your sleeves and driving efficiencies within procurement, as well as coaching internal team members on how to get the most from our procurement process and systems, we would love to connect with you!
What you’ll likely work on:
- Research and analyze data and market insights
- Search for insights into business needs and wants for assigned categories
- Plan and implement long-term development strategies for categories
- Design and implement program/vendor transitions
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors
- Develop category strategy and roadmap in order to maximize Sourcing ROI
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Work with business teams and vendors to find new ways of expanding categories
- Partner with Inventory Planning to validate forecasts for product demand trends
- Manage and track category budgets
What you’ll need:
- 2+ years experience in category management or sourcing management
- Indirect spend experience preferred
- Strong vendor negotiating skills, excellent math, writing, and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal / written communication skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft office
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), organizational, analytical/problem-solving and administrative skills
- Proven ability to multitask, organize, schedule, and track information to and from various sources
- Ability to work cooperatively across multiple functions and within a team-based structure
- Excellent understanding of upstream and downstream supply chain processes
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility and provides complete follow through on areas of responsibility
This is a full-time role, with the option to work remotely from any of One Medical’s existing markets.
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.