One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As a One Medical Phlebotomist, you’ll provide an exceptional experience for our patients and help them accomplish an important part of their care journey by providing venipuncture as well as other clinical support services. Reporting to the Phlebotomy Lead and collaborating closely with our diverse team of providers and administrative assistants, you’ll be an integral part of our patient’s primary care team both on a local office level and as a part of your larger district. You’ll utilize the highest quality standards to perform specimen collections and processing, while providing a personalized and calming experience for our patients. You will use a growth mindset to navigate the rapidly changing technology and workflows that keep us on the forefront of modern day healthcare, all while providing best in class, human-centered care to our patients.
You are a strong team player and use your innovative problem solving skills to tackle various tasks and challenges. You combine excellent specimen collection technique with tactful interpersonal skills during every interaction with your patients. You have an unwavering drive to help and serve others and create amazing moments for our members and teammates. If this sounds like you, we would love to connect.
What you’ll work on:
- Provide best in class venipuncture services on a population ranging from pediatrics to geriatrics
- Perform and assist with extended scope duties such as, but not limited to non-blood specimen collection, EKGs/ECGs, vitals, ear lavages, vaccines, PPD tests, and swabs
- Maintain high standards of in-office care through proper specimen labeling, handling and processing, inventory upkeep, and tool sterilization
- Continue to care for our members beyond the lab room by answering patient messages, following up on lab cases and assisting our providers and virtual medical team with clerical duties such as, but not limited to biometric screening forms, medical record and consult review, billing inquiries, and DOH reporting
- Master our technology suite including, but not limited to Slack, G-suite, Zoom, and our Electronic Medical Record System 1Life, in order to interact with team members and complete daily work
What you’ll need:
- An active phlebotomy certification to practice in California and at least 6 months of experience practicing phlebotomy post externship
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in computer technology such as typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems simultaneously
- Experience working on collaborative, diverse, multi-disciplinary teams (additional experience with remote teams a plus)
- A proven ability to display confidence and instill trust during the collection process while delivering individualized, human-centered, customer-focused care
- A proven track record of persisting through change, consistently stepping up to take action on challenges, and learning quickly and effectively when faced with new situations or tasks
- Experience with extended scope care including but not limited to non-blood specimen collection and processing, EKGs/ECGs, vitals, ear lavages, vaccines, PPD tests, and swabs preferred
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- Competitive salary: starts at $23.75/hr
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in Sunnyvale, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.