One Medical is a membership-based primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy access to comprehensive care at more than 80 locations across twelve cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care. We’ve reached some exciting milestones this year, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As we continue to expand and transform the primary care experience, we’re looking for dynamic and innovative individuals to support the people, processes, and technology that make One Medical unique. We are currently hiring a Technical Accounting Manager to round out a highly-functioning Finance team. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, you would be responsible for a balance of operational and technical accounting functions, inclusive of ASC 606, SEC reporting and month-end close. Initially an individual contributor, there is potential for this position to develop into managing a team of accounting professionals as we grow.
You possess a strong sense of ownership in your work, taking personal accountability for achieving results. Additionally, you enjoy being part of a high-functioning team, and present strong communication and interpersonal skills. An eye toward process improvement is second nature; your passion for improving workflows is tangible as you continually seek new ways to get things done, prioritizing the most effective and efficient processes. Lastly, you tackle your work with enthusiasm, never hesitating to take on new opportunities and projects with a sense of urgency, thriving in a fast-paced, high growth and evolving environment. If this sounds like you, and you are excited about joining a team that is transforming healthcare, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll likely work on:
- Revenue recognition and sales commission, from both a technical and operational standpoint.
- Play a key role in revenue recognition determination, drafting related technical memos, operational accounting, and continuous process improvement
- Responsible to ensure timely and accurate quarterly 10Q/K SEC filings, earnings release, proxy statement and other regulatory filings as needed
- Assist with and/or lead technical accounting and ad hoc projects
- Key participant of the month-end close process and analytical review over areas of responsibility
What you’ll need:
- 4-6 years experience in accounting, including a minimum 2 years public accounting within a public accounting firm with 200k+ employees required along with experience working with public companies, experience working in-house is required
- Strong technical research skills and accounting knowledge, experience with ASC 606 required and SEC reporting preferred
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and process-oriented
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- CPA required
- Experience with Salesforce, NetSuite and/or Active Disclosure preferred
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Parental Leave - One Medical pays 100% of base salary for 12 weeks
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA or remotely in certain states (AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IA, MD, MA, MI, MN, NV, NY, NC, OR, PA, SC, TX, VA, WA) . If remote, occasional travel to San Francisco will be required and working hours will be in accordance with the Pacific Time Zone.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.