At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
If you like to automate everything to do with clouds, systems, networks, and you know what it takes to secure them, this role is for you.
As a Security Automation and Tooling Engineer you will work on a Security Team that identifies threats and risks, vulnerabilities and attack vectors, analyzes large datasets, engineers detection and response solutions, and works with engineering teams to develop ways to mitigate and prevent attacks. We believe modern day security cannot be done well without automation and tooling. This hands-on role gives you the opportunity to design and implement solutions to advance the security of our company. This position will constantly challenge you to learn new skills and apply yourself in different ways towards our mission of advancing security in the healthcare industry.
As a member of the One Medical Security team you will be joining a team of highly technical people focusing on having a meaningful impact on the company and the greater healthcare industry. We operate with a ‘team first’ mentality focusing on collaboration to move the security needle forward. Our drive for team success is tied closely with our commitment to personal growth; every team member is empowered to pursue research and contribute to projects that are not strictly defined by their role.
Whether you’re new to the industry or have decades of experience, we want to talk to you!
What you'll work on:
- Design, implement, and maintain security specific automation and tooling (think logging pipelines, data analysis, detection engineering, monitoring, automated response actions, security infrastructure management)
- Work on CI/CD, AWS, Terraform, Ansible, Demisto, Splunk, Containers, Git
- Provide DevOps guidance, security guidance, architecture oversight, & security standards development to teams outside of the Security team
- Security partnership with production and enterprise engineering teams
- Security research, presentations, publications, and security industry collaboration
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong collaboration skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with experience communicating security issues to non-technical people
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly
- Experience working on AWS cloud and cloud automation
- Experience with security permissions/roles in AWS, AWS security models
- Familiarity with technologies - Unix/Linux, Windows, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Hadoop, Kibernetes, Docker, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo, Redis
- Protocol level knowledge of TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, TLS, SSH, IPSEC, NTP, LDAP, Kerberos, RADIUS
- Extensive experience writing, reading, and debugging regular expressions
- Experience with scripting, shells, automation and proficient with Python
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related experience
Nice to haves:
- Practical knowledge of normalizing multiple log types
- More than whiteboard knowledge of IDS, Segmentation, Auth, Logging, FIM, PKI, HSMs, LBs
- Familiarity with network security products from standard vendors like Palo Alto Networks, Juniper, Cisco, FireEye
- Penetration testing experience (such as OSCP style)
- Working knowledge of OSQuery, OSSEC, Bromium
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.