At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
As an Administrative Assistant, you'll play a critical role in providing world class primary care to all. Our Admins partner with our providers, phlebotomists and office managers to deliver a tailored, human-centered healthcare experience for our members. Our Admins work with our members to help navigate them through the healthcare system by connecting them with appropriate care channels and providing them with the information they need. Our Administrative team is differentiated by their high accessibility, hospitality skill set and in-depth knowledge of the healthcare system. This dynamic role is fast paced and always evolving and has opportunities to learn and grow professionally. This role reports to the local Office Manager.
The ideal candidate is a strong team player and innovative problem-solver, with a love for service and a passion for helping people. You are self-aware, resilient, and thrive off of providing excellent customer service. You have mastered the art of communication and multi-tasking, enjoy working on a team and have a critical thinking approach to problem solving. You have the ability to learn from failure, and make the best out of any situation with your positive attitude.
What you'll work on:
- You are an integral member of our member’s healthcare experience. Whether it’s resolving an insurance claim or checking a member into their appointment, you are the first touch point for our members throughout their One Medical experience.
- You will seek out opportunities to elevate the One Medical experience for our members.
- You’ll collaborate with fellow admins, providers and your manager to improve the member experience at your office.
- You’ll have opportunities to partner with different teams to improve existing processes.
- You’ll be a knowledgeable resource for your team and our members.
- You’ll own your tasks and consistently follow-through to make sure they are completed with the utmost care.
- Daily tasks can consist of schedule appointments, obtain insurance authorizations for testing or prescriptions, find a specialist outside of our network, work on a billing issue with insurance and much more.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Previous experience providing a high level of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high comfort level typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems
- A passion for healthcare and improving the primary care experience
- Resiliency, the ability to learn from failure, and make the best out of any situation
- Critical thinking - you understand nuance and can read between the lines
- Strong attention to detail and you consistently follow-through on goals despite obstacles
- High School diploma or equivalent. BA/BS degree preferred or commensurate experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- Competitive salary: starts at $20/hour
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time position located in Redwood City, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.