At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the primary care industry by offering a new approach to primary care. We combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented health care providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations nationwide in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC.
If you like building and leading engineering teams that directly improve healthcare delivery for our providers and outcomes for our members, then this role is for you. As the leader of our Quality Product Engineering team, you will be in a close partnership with all of engineering leadership to optimize our software development life cycle. Additionally, you will work alongside our clinical experts, business leaders, and the rest of our product team to help transform the way healthcare is delivered in our offices.
In our highly collaborative environment, not only will you be teaming up with designers and product managers. We value staying close to our users, so you’ll also be sitting shoulder to shoulder with the doctors and nurses who deliver care daily to One Medical patients. You'll have responsibility for the functionality our clinicians rely on every minute of the day.
What you'll likely work on:
- Hiring, growing and retaining a world-class team of Software Quality engineers responsible for building and testing our in-house electronic medical records system and other mission-critical clinical technology investments
- Working with product leadership to build on our strategy for quality engineering, developing a roadmap and priorities for your team
- Planning, and ensuring successful execution of business-critical projects from ranging from weeks to quarters in length
- Defining and monitoring product quality and business metrics, and ensuring your team has positive impact on both
- When necessary, willing and able to get your hands dirty helping the team successfully solve problems and optimize product delivery
- Our core product is built on top of Angular, Ruby on Rails, and Mysql
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners in engineering, design, clinical, and product.
- Extensive management experience leading sizable teams of engineers (5-10 individuals), ideally with lead-of-leads responsibilities
- Familiarity with any of the following technologies: Rails, Angular, MySQL, Rest, GraphQL, Pact.io, Cypress.io and/or AWS. Hands on experience in DevOps & continuous delivery workflows, (must, at minimum, be a student of the practices and have a desire to get there)
- Familiarity with the healthcare technology domain (health records, charting, medication prescribing, HIE) and / or prior work in a HIPAA compliant environment
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience.
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in our San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.