At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
At One Medical we build the software that our members and healthcare professionals use everyday. The Machine Learning team provides expertise to analyze, model, and predict behaviors that create an amazing user experience, and better outcomes, in new and innovative ways.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning), not only will you be partnering with designers and product managers, you’ll also be sitting shoulder to shoulder with the doctors and nurses who deliver care daily to One Medical patients. You’ll work with all parts of the healthcare lifecycle to build features that deliver higher quality care more reliably and more efficiently.
This role is particularly well-suited for someone who values having significant ownership of their work, helping to lead the direction of the team and/or partnering and mentoring other engineers.
We are a collaborative and intellectually curious group. We have strong opinions yet keep them loosely held--it’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels safe and support to voice their thoughts and ideas. If you buy in to these ideologies, we’d love to find a time to connect.
What you'll work on:
- Patient experience - When members ask questions or book appointments, it is an opportunity to route to the most appropriate and effective form of care. We use machine intelligence to understand, support, and supplement every user interaction.
- Physician experience - Our goal is to help providers focus on the patient. We build tools that streamline encounters using speech recognition, predictive autocomplete, and clinical decision support.
- Population health - Even when the patient is not in the doctor’s office, we can analyze the health data of the population overall. We build tools to identify at-risk patients who can benefit from various screenings and preemptive interventions to keep members healthy.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Solid engineering and machine learning skills
- A pragmatic can-do attitude
- Ability to write highly performant code
- Experience with Microservice Architectures
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners across the organization
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.