At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
At One Medical we build software that our members use and all the software that our doctors and nurses use to deliver great care. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Android), you will be expected to facilitate thoughtful human interaction with technology. Our team is solving a number of compelling problems, including mobile triage, interactive visualization of personal health data, real-time video, wearable integrations, and social/behavioral change. We're looking for a creative, design-oriented Android developer to join our team to help empower our patients to live healther lives, and our providers to deliver world class care.
This role is particularly well-suited for someone who values having significant ownership of their work, helping to lead the direction of the team and/or partnering and mentoring other engineers.
We are a collaborative and intellectually curious group. We have strong opinions yet keep them loosely held--it’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels safe and support to voice their thoughts and ideas. If you buy in to these ideologies, we’d love to find a time to connect.
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Rich Android development skills, including a solid understanding of Java, RxJava and Dagger, application lifecycle strategies, data management, layout, and interactions with RESTful APIs. Bonus points for familiarity with Kotlin, Realm, automated testing, GraphQL, and Ruby on Rails.
- Fluency with Material Design and passion for great UX.
- Published apps in Google Play, open source code on GitHub, experience building accessible apps, or experience creating smooth transitions and animations.
- 3 - 5+ years Android experience, preferably in the consumer product space.
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.