One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
At One Medical we build software that our members and providers use to deliver better care outcomes. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways. For example, our software engineers are responsible for building and designing the proprietary Electronic Health Record System that our healthcare providers use. They’re also responsible for building and designing the member facing web and mobile applications. By following agile principles of development we are able to build amazing and innovative end-end solutions while remaining nimble and action oriented in a highly regulated industry.
You’ll be an owner of everything you do and you take pride in building and delivering elegant code. As a naturally collaborative thinker, you enjoy working closely with all of your coworkers -- technical, clinical, and operational -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates. A thoughtful achiever, you strive to craft the complete product, thinking through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability, and security.
As a member of the engineering team, you’ll be dedicated to engaging our members with their clinical care. Our roles are great for collaborative data driven engineers that want to have an impact on the health and wellness of our member populations as they navigate their care. We are expanding our team and are looking for full stack engineers who will collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to ensure our members and providers have the best experience managing patient care with us.
What you’ll work on
You will be developing and expanding our ability to deliver care plans in our member or provider facing products. . As a senior engineer, you will gather and define requirements, build features and help unblock your teammates through pairing and mentoring. You’ll work on a codebase consisting of Ruby on Rails, Angular 7, React, and NodeJs. You will be working with engineers from multiple disciplines, Android, iOS, ML, Clinical Quality and Data Science. And you will be working with partners across the organization clinical, operations, marketing, and engineering.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of engineering experience
- Proficiency in a full stack environment (Ruby/Rails, Django/Python or Node)
- Test-driven development (Jest, Rspec)
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners across the organization
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, etc)
Not required, but would be great if you also had
- Experience with A/B testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with NodeJs, Python and modern libraries for those
- Experience with Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code technology
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based anywhere in the US. The role will ask you to work the hours of 9-5 pm either in the Central Time Zone or the Pacific Time Zone (some flexibility). You have the option of working from our San Francisco headquarters, Austin, TX or New York, but most of your coworkers will be remote for now.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.