At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the primary care industry by offering a new approach to primary care. We combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented health care providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations nationwide in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC.
If you like to work with data that is directly affecting business decisions, and you have a passion for doing brand new things with data, then this role is for you. As a key member of our data engineering team, you will work alongside our business analysts, business leaders, and the rest of our engineering team to help transform the way healthcare uses data.
What you'll likely work on:
- Work closely with data scientists and analysts to build complex data pipelines from health and business operations data utilizing Spark, Python, Airflow, and S3
- Develop frameworks for connecting to data sources and building ETL tasks
- Work on the data pipeline platform to enable Analytics and Data Science team members to quickly and efficiently build reliable pipelines
- Consistently evolve data model & data schema based on business and engineering requirements
- Deploying and managing distributed, scalable infrastructure and services to run our data pipelines
- Deliver data that will drive business decisions, improve quality of care, and optimize the doctor's office
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Expertise in building out data pipelines, ETL design (both implementation and maintenance), and data warehousing
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners in engineering, data science, and product
- Familiarity with the Hadoop/EMR, Hive, Presto, Spark, Pig and the AWS ecosystem
- Solid Object Oriented design and implementation skills, ideally in Python
- Deep knowledge of SQL
- An understanding of how business analytics tools such as Tableau and Looker function is highly desirable
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience
Taking care of you today:
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family:
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.