One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
- Full time
What you'll likely work on:
- Urgent Care providers are responsible for managing patients' acute care concerns. This role is a blend of urgent care, but in a primary care setting
- Common concerns and procedures could include: STI diagnosis and treatment, staple removal, suture removal, pelvic exams, I&Ds, IVs, nebulizer treatment, URIs, coughs, bronchitis, UTIs, chest pain, abdominal pain, psychiatry screening and stabilization, etc.
- Maintain evidence-based and current knowledge as it relates to urgent care practice and procedures as well as basic proficiency in primary care topics (hypertension, diabetes, depression/anxiety, etc). Comfortable with initial management of acute changes in chronic conditions
- Documentation of physical exam, procedures and in-office medications/prescriptions
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- The desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team of clinicians dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An interest in using technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based care
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- Completed an accredited FNP program or PA program with a national certification
- In the past 5 years, practiced as a full family Advanced Practitioner seeing all ages (0+ ), for at least 2 years in an urgent care or emergency care setting, OR 1 year in an urgent care or emergency care setting coupled with 1 year in an outpatient primary care setting
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Ability to work at least 3 holidays a year
- Ability to work two full weekends per month (4 shifts)
- State licensed in California, obtained by your One Medical start date
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
This is full-time role based in Walnut Creek, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.