One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
One Medical is seeking a full-time (32 hours patient care) Senior Health Primary Care Physician in Phoenix, AZ. The Senior Health Primary Care Physician (SHPCP) will report to the Office Medical Director in a critical role in both care delivery, and ongoing practice innovation for Senior Care within One Medical offices.
The SHPCP will be managing a senior-focused patient panel with a broad array of patient needs; conducting a mix of acute, chronic, and well visits. As a SHPCP, you will engage patients in their care and drive behavior change through collaboration with a multidisciplinary care team in a value based model.
- Full time (32 hours patient care)
What you'll be working on:
- Treating patients, with a focus on seniors, through a variety of modalities and settings including: in-office, testing centers, and virtual care
- Continuous learning and development during weekly Clinical Rounds and through other modalities
- Ongoing collaboration with in-office teammates via daily huddles, as well as with virtual clinical teams
- Utilization of your specific clinical training and opportunities to perform in-office procedures
- Supervising one or more NP or PA colleagues
- Integrating unique senior health care model components into value based care delivery
- Ground care in patients’ self-identified values; practice active shared-decision making and support advanced care planning
- Drive quality and population health goals at point of care
- Support care team to succeed in team-based, value-based care
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- Enrolled in, or have completed, an accredited Internal or Family Medicine residency program
- Practiced at least 2 of the last 5 years in an outpatient primary care setting
- Board Certified in Internal, Family, or Geriatric Medicine (or Geriatric fellowship); or Board Eligible with plans to obtain board certification within 1 year of your One Medical start date
- State licensed in Arizona, obtained before your One Medical start date
One Medical providers also demonstrate:
- A passion for human-centered primary care
- The ability to successfully communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds
- The ability to effectively use technology to deliver high quality care
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues
- Readiness to adapt personal and interpersonal behavior to meet the needs of our patients
- The ability to thrive in a fast-growing, mission driven organization focused on using data to improve patient outcomes
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time role based in Phoenix, AZ.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.