One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
We are changing healthcare at One Medical/Iora Health. How will it change you?
On September 1, 2021, One Medical acquired Iora Health, a human-centered primary care organization focused on people 65+ on Medicare. By joining forces, we’re able to better address the needs of seniors — an important step in our mission to transform healthcare for all.
About Senior Health:
At One Medical/Iora Health we are transforming health care, starting with primary care. We created a high-impact relationship based care model that particularly benefits adults on Medicare and those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, and the technology that supports our care.
We know that when you invest in relationships with people, you can help them live happier and healthier. Our patients get a team that respects and listens to them. We get paid to keep our patients healthier, and it works - we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while lowering costs.
The Team Nurse (RN) is a key member of the clinical team in each Senior Health (Iora Primary Care) clinic and partners with the other members of the clinical team (physicians, health coaches, social worker) to provide accessible, comprehensive, coordinated care based on longitudinal healing relationships. Each clinic has one Registered Nurse who reports to the Care Team Manager (an onsite, frontline manager). The Nurse’s primary responsibilities center around the delivery of primary care-based clinical nursing care, patient education, and achieving continuous excellence through daily delivery of our unique care. Our clinics provide broad, comprehensive primary care and the Nurse has a key role in ensuring we are successful in this endeavor.
What you'll likely work on:
- Provide direct patient assessment and care for adults 65 and older
- Phone and walk-in triage for patients
- Perform phlebotomy, IV initiation, and drug therapy management
- Administer IM/SQ/and PO medications and vaccines
- Provide treatments and assist providers with procedures and minor surgeries
- Perform diagnostic tests (including but not limited to: EKG, ABI, Spirometry)
- Oversight of in-house laboratory processing
- Perform point of care testing
- Provide patient teaching, education and support
- Participate as an active care team member across multiple disciplines
- Participate in the clinical development of Health Coaches
- Participate in process and quality improvement initiatives
- Visits to patients in hospital, skilled nursing facility or at home
- Oversight of anti-coagulation clinic activities and patient monitoring
- Wound care
- Transitions of care coordinator (post-discharge visits, discharge calls, etc.)
- Complex care coordinator (multimorbid or high-risk patients)
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Active RN license in Arizona
- 3+ years of nursing experience in hospital or ambulatory setting
- Passionate about Iora’s mission to restore humanity to healthcare
- Professional integrity
- Critical thinking and judgment in the provision of clinical care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Flexibility and comfort with a young organization that is transitioning from its early start up phase to one with more structured processes
- Compassionate, kind, and open-minded in patient care
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a salaried, full-time role based in Glendale, AZ.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.