One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
64 Rainier Avenue South
Renton, WA 98057
On September 1, 2021, One Medical acquired Iora Health, a human-centered primary care organization focused on people 65+ on Medicare. By joining forces, we’re able to better address the needs of seniors — an important step in our mission to transform healthcare for all.
Reporting to the Care Team Manager, the medical administrative assistant (known internally as an Operations Assistant (OA)) is the first point of contact for patients at One Medical Senior Health and takes care of all patients through their administrative excellence. Duties specific to this position include answering incoming calls, making outbound calls, checking voicemails, greeting and welcoming patients, running morning meetings, and managing the flow of medical records and other important, confidential documentation. This role is office based.
What you'll work on:
- Serve as the first point of contact on the phone and when patients enter or call the practice
- Welcome all patients, families and visitors to the practice warmly, courteously, and respectfully, making the reception area a calm, relaxing place.
- Provide information for visitors, community members, and new patients.
- Ensure timely answering of phones, direct calls to the appropriate team member, proactive follow- up, manage voicemail.
- Employ critical thinking to provide a solution for the patient or direct them to the appropriate resource including appropriately escalating patient concerns.
- Gather/use existing information in Chirp to answer basic patient questions around care i.e. scheduling, referral status, refill status, care plan information, support network, basic benefits questions etc
- Use preferred contact method to proactively reach out to patients when needed, i.e. confirming a next day appointment, following up on a question or reaching out to engage a new patient.
- Partner with Clinical Team Manager on scheduling including tracking/triage boards, practice schedule and Chirp to ensure accuracy.
What You'll Need:
- Must be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity, eager to work in a dynamic environment and willing to learn new skills
- Experience in a service industry required
- 1+ years of healthcare experience
- Willing to learn phlebotomy at our practice
- Tech savviness required
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication skills both in-person and by phone
- Must have the ability to work well both as a member of a team and independently
- Must have exceptional organizational, problem-solving and time management skills and must be able to appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must be open-minded, non-judgmental and compassionate
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.