One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
One Medical is focusing on providing amazing primary care for all. The aim of the kids & family team is to create a great experience for our pediatrics and senior patients whose needs might be different from that of a regular adult patient. As the engineering manager for this team, you’ll work closely with design and product management counterparts to ensure that the team is delivering high-value and high-quality software. This will be a brand new team we are building out, and while there will be one or two anchor engineers transferring from existing teams, part of the opportunity of this position is to build out the rest of the team (mobile & web).
You’ll also work closely with this new engineering team to guide them through important career milestones, help facilitate discussions around architecture and team process, and generally keep an eye out for maintaining the satisfaction and effectiveness of the team.
Must-have skills and experiences
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering management
- Ability to guide and motivate senior+ engineers along the next steps in their careers, on both individual and management tracks
- Ability to align teams around both simple and complex projects and architectural solutions
- Experience collaborating with product management to prioritize and deliver on a roadmap which moves important metrics
- Deep experience developing complex web applications in a modern technology stack
Nice-to-have skills and Experiences
- Experience successfully managing engineers on feature work
- Experience with managing mobile engineers
- Experience with managing overseas engineers
- Experience with healthcare, especially pediatrics
- Experience with managing enterprise clients
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA or fully remote in the U.S.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.