One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning), not only will you be partnering with designers and product managers, you’ll also be working closely with the doctors and nurses who deliver care daily to One Medical patients. You’ll work with all parts of the healthcare lifecycle to build features that deliver higher quality care more reliably and more efficiently.
This role is particularly well-suited for someone who values having significant ownership of their work, helping to lead the direction of the team and/or partnering and mentoring other engineers. We tend to partner with other product teams to help them build solutions in their domains.
We are a collaborative and intellectually curious group. We have strong opinions yet keep them loosely held--it’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels safe and supported to voice their thoughts and ideas. If you buy into these ideologies, we’d love to find a time to connect.
What you'll work on:
- Patient experience: When members ask questions or book appointments, it is an opportunity to route them to the most appropriate and effective form of care. We can use machine intelligence to understand, support, and supplement every user interaction.
- Clinical workflows: Our goal is to help providers focus on the patient. We build tools that streamline encounters using predictive autocomplete, identify patient risk areas, and supports clinical decision making
- Population health: Even when the patient is not in the doctor’s office, we can analyze the health data of the population overall. We build tools to identify at-risk patients who can benefit from various screenings and preemptive interventions to keep members healthy.
- Scalability: The team is continuously looking for ways to scale existing services and build a platform for other teams to leverage. Help us define the best practices and create ML systems to reach the next 10 million members.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Solid engineering and machine learning skills with 5+ years of experience. We focus on a wide variety of use cases including NLP, demand forecasting, and churn predictions.
- A willingness to work on every level of the “ML stack” including data exploration, data pipelines, data preparation, modeling, production deploys and monitoring
- Ability to write highly performant code
- Experience with microservice architectures, track record of deploying machine learning services to production
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners (clinicians, product owners, operations ..etc) across the organization
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres, as well as NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time based role. The team is mostly based in the San Francisco Bay Area, but can be located anywhere in the United States.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.