One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
At One Medical we build most of the consumer, operational and clinical software used by our members, providers and admins in-house. This unusual level of integration and ownership allows us to develop innovative products and services that are tackling some of the most difficult problems in healthcare.
As we continue to expand, we are seeking a Product Designer to join our Member Experience team. As a Product Designer on this team, you’ll work on projects that have a critical impact on the lives of our members (aka patients). Reporting to a Design Manager, you’ll be working on the entire lifecycle of product and user experience, from early concepting in design sprints, building and testing prototypes with users, shipping production-ready designs, reviewing the success of launched features, and continually iterating. In addition to designing screens, you will also think through the end-to-end service design along with our cross-functional team members from the product development organization as well as from our clinical and ops teams.
You’ll be successful in this role if you are a committed team player who knows that great products are only delivered through building relationships and collaborating with interdisciplinary teams. You thrive by solving complex problems from start to finish while ensuring every stakeholder is on board and working together. You’re humble, focus on craft and quality, and have a get it done attitude!
What you'll likely work on:
- Collaborate with PMs and engineers to gather and evaluate user requirements, create strategy docs, and work effectively to ship designs
- Prepare and conduct user research as needed to uncover user needs and to test designs
- Design user flows and interface mocks in close collaboration with other designers and cross-functional product teams
- 3+ years of product design experience in an agile environment
- An online portfolio including deep dives to several projects you’ve worked on, and your journey to the final solution
- Competence in executing design projects from the beginning to the end (e.g., user research, UX flows, UI design)
- Passion and curiosity for complex problems (e.g., large scale systems and internal tools); interest in designing for a two-sided experience
- Comfort using contemporary design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch)
- Ability to thrive working in small cross-functional teams with product managers, engineers, clinical, and QA, among others
- A focus on human and value-centered design—you think about design decisions that drive the business forward while ensuring all users get the best experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based anywhere in the United States.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.