One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
At One Medical we build software that our members and providers use to deliver better care outcomes. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways. For example, our software engineers are responsible for building and designing the proprietary Electronic Health Record System that our healthcare providers use. They’re also responsible for building and designing the member facing web and mobile applications. By following agile principles of development we are able to build amazing and innovative end-end solutions while remaining nimble and action oriented in a highly regulated industry.
You’ll be an owner of everything you do and you take pride in building and delivering elegant code. As a naturally collaborative thinker, you enjoy working closely with all of your coworkers -- technical, clinical and in the business -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates. A thoughtful achiever, you strive to craft the complete product, thinking through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability, and security.
What you’ll work on
As a member of the Identity team, you will:
- Help shape the next generation of our authentication and authorization systems
- Support our growing microservice architecture with tools and technologies that help unlock capabilities of our distributed approach
- Develop a deep understanding of our users’ workflows in order to improve our role-based access control system while minimizing UX friction
- Promote engineering best practices and help define the technical roadmap for the team
- Provide support for other teams through collaboration on projects and Identity-related guidance
- Collaborate with other engineers across the organization to build tooling that supports their day-to-day development needs
This role is a great fit for a generalist who enjoys digging deep into technical challenges while also keeping a close eye on our users’ needs.
What you’ll need
- 5+ years of web application engineering experience
- Exposure to the modern authentication and authorization landscape
- Proficiency in a full stack environment (Ruby/Rails, Django/Python, Node, etc)
- Experience building scalable and observable distributed systems
Not required, but would be great if you also had
- Experience working with Identity concerns in a healthcare context
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Terraform or similar infrastructure-as-code technology
- Passion for continuous learning and mentoring others
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company-paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
This is a full-time role based anywhere in the US. The role will ask you work the hours of 9-5 pm either in the Central Time Zone or the Pacific Time Zone (some flexibility).
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.