One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As we continue on our mission to transform health care for all, we are looking for ambitious, passionate, and experienced leaders of the people, processes, and technology that make One Medical unique. As the Vice President of Payor Strategy + Performance, you will report directly to our Chief Strategy Officer and be an integral part of the One Medical leadership team, responsible for leading complex negotiation of payor contracts in the commercial and medicare space. With the ability to directly influence the business, you will develop effective relationships with key partners to coordinate efforts, driving and executing One Medical’s payor strategy. You will also ensure effective cross-functional One Medical support for our network partnerships in collaboration with the enterprise sales, finance, legal, health system partnerships and other key teams. Through optimizing and enhancing outcomes, the results of your work will have a significant impact on One Medical’s success, and enable us to perform, innovate and grow.
An experienced, smart + savvy leader, you are passionate about improving healthcare for all, and will thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. You demonstrate sound decision-making skills, even in the absence of complete information, and rely on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment in your approach. Exceptional communication skills and strong intuition enable you to develop productive relationships, representing One Medical in a regional and national capacity. A reliable teammate who values integrity, you take personal accountability for your career development and are committed to lifelong learning. If you are passionate about building and growing relationships, can engage key stakeholders by articulating vision and strategy, demonstrate deep professional savvy and strong interpersonal skills, and would enjoy being part of a dynamic team devoted to delighting millions of members with better health and better care, we would love to speak with you!
What you'll likely work on:
- Lead One Medical’s network contracting strategy from inception to implementation, driving product & network development and optimization, value based care arrangements, contracting & credentialing within established and emerging markets
- Develop strategies to address reimbursement and work collaboratively with payors on new payment models and business opportunities
- Foster effective payor partnerships relationships with internal and external sources involved in the contracting and management process, development of contract language and negotiation strategy
- Serve as subject matter expert and point of contact for all network contracting both internally and externally, supporting the ongoing payor relationships.
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years of professional experience within healthcare required, with a minimum of 5 years experience in a senior leadership capacity (e.g., executive director, avp, vp) focusing on network development, contracting, medical cost management and/or payment issues either on the provider or payor side
- Demonstrated experience in all payor segments; inclusive of commercial and government spaces
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional and matrixed environment, experience working with integrated health systems desirable
- Highly developed communication skills, with comfort navigating professional relationships with executive leadership and board members
- Solid understanding of healthcare finance, with the ability to assess and analyze contract performance, and make informed decisions that impact the business
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role working remotely from anywhere in the United States
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.