One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
The Product Design team's mission is to transform healthcare for all by discovering and delivering exceptional digital experiences that surpass healthcare consumers' expectations, empowering members to live longer, higher-quality lives. We strive to elevate our User Experience so it's easier, more intuitive, inclusive, and delightful, and to deepen understanding of our member's wants, needs, feelings, and behaviors to deliver impactful healthcare experiences. Reporting to the Senior Design Manager, as Staff UX Researcher, you will play a crucial and influential role in the discovery, exploration, and definition of the most critical problems to solve – in our mission to transform healthcare for all.
What you'll work on:
You'll partner closely with Product and Design leaders and teams across the One Medical member journey to influence longer-term transformative experience visioning, to support and guide the user research happening within the larger product development organization, as well conducting research yourself. You will also cross over to our in-house provider and admin facing experiences, as needed, to fully understand the drivers for member engagement. You will establish and manage a research roadmap of learning opportunities,
- 10+ years experience working with product teams and a demonstrated ability to lead high-impact research projects where your research and advocacy raised the bar on user empathy, product innovation, and high-quality outcomes for both the user and business
- Ability to prioritize work to balance near and long-term research needs helping the organization gain actionable insights and unblock development teams while at the same time, advancing the long term research roadmap
- A deep understanding of a range of qualitative and quantitative UX research methods and an ability to pick the most suitable method for a given situation and triangulate when needed
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills and the ability to influence, educate, and advocate for users with cross-functional teams and leadership
- Ability to think strategically about the user research our cross-functional partners (mostly PMs and designers) do across the organization and a drive to elevate the quality and impact of this research through mentorship, training, etc
Not required, but it would be great if you also had:
- Experience with A/B testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with identifying, setting up, and managing meaningful user experience metrics
- Experience setting up and supporting research operations
- Experience working with tri-track Agile or similar process – balancing deep research with the need to inform and influence ongoing agile product development
- MA/MS or Ph.D. degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive / Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Market Research or related field
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role located anywhere in the United States.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.