One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
At One Medical we build software to improve the healthcare experience for not just our members, but for our doctors and nurses as well. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways.
One Medical is rapidly growing partnerships and connections with some of the largest and most prestigious healthcare systems in the nation. The Data Interoperability team is responsible for building and maintaining our data connections with these external hospitals and physician groups. The team leverages healthcare data standards such as HL7, CCD-A, and FHIR when exchanging clinical data.
The manager position is a champion for teamwork and personal growth, a protector of team responsibilities and workload, and a liaison with other organizational counterparts.
What you'll likely work on:
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning, career development, and technical growth
- Support engineering team through growth and eventual expansion into multiple interoperability-focused teams
- Drive technical strategy and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products
- Work with external partners to capture technical requirements
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering management
- Ability to guide and motivate high performing engineers along the next steps in their careers, on both individual and management tracks
- Ability to align teams around both simple and complex projects and architectural solutions
- Experience collaborating with product management to prioritize and deliver on a roadmap which moves important metrics
- Deep experience developing complex web applications in a modern web technology stack
Not required, but would be great if you also had:
- History successfully managing engineers on data interoperability work
- Knowledge of healthcare interoperability standards (HL7, FHIR, C-CDA, etc)
- Familiarity with popular EHRs such as Epic and Cerner
- Experience with regulations such as HIPAA, CURES Act, and Meaningful Use
- Strong examples of exposure to complex API integration projects
- Experience with implementing and maintaining data governance standards
- Firsthand expertise with Ruby/Rails, AWS, Terraform, RabbitMQ, MySQL, or Python
- The majority of the team is located in the SF Bay Area so colocation would be nice but not at all required, we have folks in a variety of states and timezones!
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.