One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As One Medical continues to expand access to our world class tech-enabled primary care services to new markets across the country, the central teams that support excellence in the field are growing as well. We are seeking to hire a Senior Manager of Patient Experience to lead our Model Experience team. Reporting to the Director of Experience Innovation, the Senior Manager will drive business goals and implement the strategic vision and roadmap for One Medical patient and team Experience Innovation, while leading a high performing team tasked to research, define, develop and implement improvements across patient experience; both in service and care delivery. In this role you will partner with a variety of key teams: Operations, Clinical, People and Technology, to drive high impact training, recognition, leadership development and new hire programs, fostering a patient-centered mindset and acknowledging excellence in teamwork and patient care. In addition to leading existing programs, you will have the opportunity to build and innovate new solutions to improve outcomes related to patient experience.
A natural leader, you embrace the role of player/coach, and are equally comfortable rolling up your sleeves and executing as you are leading and mentoring a high performing team. You are an expert in all things related to human-centered experience; from understanding data to driving improvements; managing execution of large cross-functional initiatives; and supporting and developing first line managers, you are adept at seeing tangible results from your work. Collaboration comes second nature, and you are comfortable relating to individuals at all levels, from front line staff to senior executives, and your relationships are grounded in empathy and respect. If you are passionate about experience design, and excited about the opportunity to lead and build world-class programs in a high-growth organization, we would love to hear from you!
What you'll likely work on:
- Developing, driving implementation, and improving domains such as Leadership Coaching programs, Service Recovery Programs, and Patient Experience Metrics
- Design and lead Experience Innovation workshops to improve a variety of patient and team member experience touchpoints
- Support and develop managers of the Model Experience team
- Represent the Model Experience team to the broader organization and align with department stakeholders (Providers, Regional Leadership, other corporate departments) on key interaction needs and company-wide SOPs
- Develop and implement improved communication workflows, collaborating with local field leaders to drive successful adoption
- Own and drive execution of ongoing programs, specifically C-I-CARE (an internal framework for creating compassionate and respectful interactions and experiences), including C-I-CARE Rounds, C-I-CARE Leadership Coaching, and C-I-CARE Rewards and Recognition Programs
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of experience with a minimum of 4 years practicing experience design within a service organization.
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading individual contributor teams, with preference for having lead experience design teams.
- Experience driving change management initiatives, aligning stakeholders to increase engagement and buy-in with new tools and processes, creating milestones to rally support behind the vision, and articulating a vision that is relatable and inspiring
- Experience successfully gaining insight in to the needs of the customer (our field teams and their leadership) to deliver exceptional care and service, and delivering a variety of solutions that exceed expectations
- Strong project management experience and successes, specifically setting objectives to align with broader organizational goals, breaking down objectives into timelines and milestones, anticipating obstacles and developing contingency plans.
- Exceptional communication skills, especially adjusting communication content and style to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders, and experience communicating in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one coaching, group discussions, or company trainings
- A history of strong relationships with peer organizations: operations, clinical leadership, product/engineering and data
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in Los Angeles, CA
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.