One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
At One Medical we build software that our members and providers use to deliver better care outcomes. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways. For example, our software engineers are responsible for building and designing the proprietary Electronic Health Record System that our healthcare providers use. They’re also responsible for building and designing the member facing web and mobile applications. By following agile principles of development we are able to build amazing and innovative end-to-end solutions while remaining nimble and action oriented in a highly regulated industry.
You’ll be an owner of everything you do and you take pride in building teams and delivering elegant software solutions. As a naturally collaborative thinker, you enjoy working closely with all of your coworkers -- product, clinical, and operational -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates. A thoughtful achiever, you strive to craft the complete product and high-functioning team, thinking through everything the team builds, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability, and security.
You’ll also work closely with this diverse and seasoned engineering team to guide them through important career milestones, help facilitate discussions around architecture and team process, and generally keep an eye out for maintaining the satisfaction and effectiveness of the team.
What you’ll work on
This role will lead a team of engineers to build software features which enable our healthcare providers and team to deliver first-class healthcare to our patients. You’ll work closely with design and product management counterparts to ensure that the team is delivering high-value and high-quality software. You’ll be joining a high-caliber team which is currently migrating a critical part of our electronic prescribing infrastructure from our Rails monolith into a service and in doing so establishing new architectural patterns at One Medical.
What you’ll need
- 4 or more years of experience in software engineering management
- Ability to guide and motivate senior and staff+ engineers along the next steps in their careers
- Ability to align teams around both simple and complex projects and architectural solutions
- Experience collaborating with design and product management to prioritize and deliver on a roadmap which moves important metrics
- Deep experience developing complex web applications in a modern technology stack
Not required, but would be great if you also had
- Experience engineering with AWS, Rails, and/or Angular
- Previous experience building products in a service-based environment, plus an understanding of the fundamentals and pros/cons of services and different service-based approaches
- Experience managing with lead-of-leads responsibility
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.