One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
This is a full-time role that can be located anywhere in the US.
At One Medical we build software that our members and providers use to deliver better care outcomes. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways. For example, our software engineers are responsible for building and designing the proprietary Electronic Health Record System that our healthcare providers use. They’re also responsible for building and designing the member facing web and mobile applications. By following agile principles of development we are able to build amazing and innovative end-end solutions while remaining nimble and action oriented in a highly regulated industry.
You’ll be an owner of everything you do and you take pride in building and delivering elegant code. As a naturally collaborative thinker, you enjoy working closely with all of your coworkers -- technical, clinical and in the business -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates. A thoughtful achiever, you strive to craft the complete product, thinking through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability, and security.
What you’ll work on:
As a member of our business focused team you’ll work directly with our customers, partners and internal stakeholders to design and build solutions that enable One Medical to grow the membership of our world-class service. You'll make sure users can easily learn about our offerings, sign up as a customer, onboard their staff and get acquainted with the care options that are available to them. You’ll build tools that help our internal stakeholders in marketing, sales and client services to be more efficient and delight our customers and members. A growth team at heart - we are opportunity focused, data driven and fast moving and we’re looking for team members that thrive in that environment.
As a Senior engineer, you will partner with the Product Manager and Engineering Manager to communicate with stakeholders, define technical direction and define team goals with the rest of the department.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in professional software engineering
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in a full stack environment (Ruby/Rails, Django/Python or Node)
- Test Driven Development with Jest/RSpec
Not required, but would be great if you also had:
- Past experience on a growth team or at a startup
- Experience with A/B testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform
- Experience with server and/or client-side performance tuning
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company-paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.