One Medical is a membership-based primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy access to comprehensive care at more than 80 locations across ten cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care. We’ve reached some exciting milestones in recent months, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
As we continue to expand and transform the primary care experience, we’re looking for energetic and passionate leaders to manage the people, processes and technology that make One Medical unique. As an Office Medical Director, you’ll have the chance to lead your local team in demonstrating clinical excellence and practicing sustainability. In collaboration with your manager, the District Medical Director and your operations partner, the Office Manager, you’ll solve problems and shape our organizational priorities. You will be able to continually develop your management and leadership skills as you learn about our business and its operations and engage your local team.
What you’ll work on:
- Be a role model for clinical excellence, practice sustainability and One Medical mission
- Ensure that the providers on your team meet our clinical standards and patient care needs
- Guide and support providers’ professional development
- Partner with Office Manager to support a collaborative, positive office community
- Manage communication, with context, between your office and other districts, regional, and central teams; represent One Medical to the local community
- Own specific office management and HR functions
- Full time (40 hours a week)
Education, licenses, and experiences required for this role:
- Model the traits, knowledge, and skills of a stand-out provider: excellent patient care, and focus on helping other providers excel
- Practiced at least 2 of the last 5 years in an outpatient primary care setting, or have completed a residency program in the last 5 years
- At least 1 year of experience leading a team of clinicians in an outpatient primary care setting
- Board Certified in Family Medicine, or Board Eligible with plans to obtain board certification within 1 year of your One Medical start date
- State licensed in California, obtained before your One Medical start date
One Medical providers also demonstrate:
- A passion for human-centered primary care
- The ability to successfully communicate with and provide care to individuals of all backgrounds
- Clinical proficiency in evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a team dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- An openness to feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to confidently navigate uncertain situations with both patients and colleagues
- Readiness to adapt personal and interpersonal behavior to meet the needs of our patients
- A proven track record of exceeding team based goals
- Provides direct and actionable feedback to team members
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time role based in
San Francisco, CA at our Laurel Heights office (3490 California Street).
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.