One Medical is a membership-based primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn’t your average doctor’s office. We’re on a mission to transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy access to comprehensive care at more than 80 locations across twelve cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care. We’ve reached some exciting milestones this year, but our work is far from over. As we continue to grow and broaden our impact, we’re building a diverse, driven and empathetic team, while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive.
At One Medical we build that software that our members use and all the software that our doctors and nurses use to deliver great care. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways.
In our highly collaborative environment, not only will you be partnering with designers and product managers, but you’ll also be sitting shoulder to shoulder with the doctors and nurses who deliver care daily to One Medical patients. You'll work throughout the technology stack and have responsibility for the functionality our clinicians rely on every minute of the day
What you’ll work on
- Engaging members in taking a more active role in their own health and learn how we can better serve their needs
- Integrate medical data and make it easier for doctors to access information from before a patient joined One Medical
- Allow patients to automatically report stats so they and their doctor can track progress
- Engage patients and learn how we can better serve their needs
Who you are
- An owner of everything you do. You take pride in building and delivering elegant code.
- A collaborative thinker. You enjoy working closely with all your coworkers -- both technical and clinical -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates.
- A thoughtful achiever. You strive to craft the complete product. You think through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability, and security.
- You want to apply your skills to a cause that you care about while working with a talented and fun team.
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in object-oriented design and implementation skills
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners across the team
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
Not required, but would be great if you also had
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ability to write performant code
- Ruby on Rails experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company-paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time based role based in San Francisco, CA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.