One Medical is a unique primary care group delivering the highest-quality care and service available, and offering providers deeply gratifying and sustainable careers with myriad opportunities for professional enrichment. We’re fiercely independent of massive healthcare institutions, seeing fewer patients each day and spending more time investing in longitudinal relationships and thoughtful decision-making. Through advanced technology and a team-based approach, we care for patients around-the-clock without requiring providers to take call. We’re a proudly diverse crew united by humanism, intellectual curiosity, and a powerful mission: redesigning healthcare and bringing world-class primary care to everyone.
As we continue to expand and transform the primary care experience, we’re looking for energetic and passionate leaders to manage the people, processes and technology that make One Medical unique. As an Office Medical Director, you’ll have the chance to lead your local team in demonstrating clinical excellence and practicing sustainability. In collaboration with your manager, the District Medical Director and your operations partner, the Office Manager, you’ll solve problems and shape our organizational priorities. You will be able to continually develop your management and leadership skills as you learn about our business and its operations and engage your local team.
What you’ll work on:
- Be a role model for clinical excellence, practice sustainability and One Medical mission
- Ensure that the providers on your team meet our clinical standards and patient care needs
- Guide and support providers’ professional development
- Partner with Office Manager to support a collaborative, positive office community
- Manage communication, with context, between your office and other districts, regional, and central teams; represent One Medical to the local community
- Own specific office management and HR functions
- Full time (40 hours a week)
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Model the traits, knowledge, and skills of a stand-out provider: excellent patient care, and focus on helping other providers excel
- Ability to inspire and lead, experience in coaching/teaching
- Excellent clinical and communication skills
- An interest in using technology to deliver high quality, evidence-based primary care
- The desire to be an integral part of a rapidly growing team of clinicians dedicated to changing healthcare delivery
- Previous experience managing and leading a team of clinicians
- BC/BE in Family Medicine/Internal Medicine
- Licensed in California
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
Supporting your medical career
- Malpractice Insurance - Malpractice fees to insure your practice at One Medical is covered 100%.
- UpToDate Subscription - An evidence-based clinical research tool
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) - Receive an annual stipend for continuing medical education
- Rounds - Providers end patient care one hour early each week to participate in this shared learning experience
This is a full-time role based in San Jose, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.