At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
We are looking for a technical Senior Accounting Manager to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing revenue accounting in accordance with ASC 606, improving and developing processes in this and other areas of responsibility, researching and documenting technical support for accounting conclusions, and managing SEC reporting. The Senior Accounting Manager will manage staff/senior accountant(s) supporting areas of responsibility. If you possess an in-depth understanding of GAAP accounting principles and in particular ASC 606, accounting research and excellent writing skills, SEC reporting knowledge and experience, a desire to own and develop key processes, and develop an amazing team, we’d love to speak with you!
The ideal candidate will have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and ability to drive results and develop talent. The ideal candidate will be a good listener and an effective communicator in a variety of settings including one-on-one, small groups, and among diverse styles and position levels. S/he will be adept at making sense of high quantity and complex information, acquiring data from multiple sources when solving problems. A successful Senior Accounting Manager will identify the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement and efficient workflow. S/he will enthusiastically take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and high energy. For the right individual, there is tremendous potential to grow with us as we expand.
What you'll likely work on:
- Responsible for revenue recognition, research technical accounting guidance and writing responsive policy documentation
- Responsible for quarterly and as needed SEC filings, including appropriate and accurate disclosure
- Key manager of the month-end close process and analytical review over areas of responsibility
- Ensure execution of key controls in compliance with internal control documentation and continuously improve controls and processes
- Assist team members in technical accounting research and policy documentation
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 8+ years’ work experience, including at minimum 3 years public accounting
- Strong technical research skills and accounting knowledge
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, process-oriented and a big-picture thinker
- Expertise in Excel
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth and evolving environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required
- CPA or CPA candidate required
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.