At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the primary care industry by offering a new approach to primary care. We combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented health care providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations nationwide in Boston, Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC.
As an Incident Response Engineer you will be on the front lines of securing people’s healthcare and personal information at scale. This role isn’t for button pushers, software engineers, or computer scientists. This role is for security practitioners. We expect you to do everything from designing secure systems, reversing the latest malware, or implementing the latest network detection techniques. This position will constantly challenge you to learn new skills and apply yourself in different ways towards our mission of advancing security in the healthcare industry.
As a member of the One Medical Security team you will be joining a team of highly technical people focusing on having a meaningful impact on the company and the greater healthcare industry. We operate with a ‘team first’ mentality focusing on collaboration to move the security needle forward. Our drive for team success is tied closely with our commitment to personal growth; every team member is empowered to pursue research and contribute to projects that are not strictly defined by their role.
What you'll work on:
- Detecting, responding to, and remediating security events across our infrastructure
- Developing new and novel solutions for detecting and mitigating threats against One Medical
- Interrogating network and host artifacts originating from multiple operating systems and/or applications
- Implementing large scale security programs and influencing decisions in order to improve the company's overall security posture
- Security research, presentations, publications, and security industry collaboration
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- Strong working knowledge of computer networks and common protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS, HTTP)
- Intermediate knowledge of Python (Preferred), Bash, GoLang, PowerShell, or similar
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with experience communicating security issues to non-technical people
- Broad exposure to multiple security disciplines and significant exposure in Incident Response
- Strong investigative mindset with acute attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly
- Strong collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and correlate information from a wide variety of external and internal sources
- Experience building automation between tools and systems utilizing APIs
- An understanding of common security threats, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and exploits
- Experience performing analytics against aggregated log data and building configurations to parse and handle log data from systems and tools
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related experience.
Nice to have:
- Experience writing, reading, and debugging regular expressions
- Experience performing offensive assessments, penetration testing, exploit development, or vulnerability analysis
- Experience with common security tools such as Splunk, Bro, Suricata, OSQuery, AWS Lambda, ELK
- Forensic experience in at least one major operating system platform (Windows, OS X, or Linux)
- Experience performing dynamic analysis of malware to develop signatures and countermeasures
- Experience in information security analytic methodologies such as Kill Chain, Diamond Model, and threat modeling
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with members of the Information Security, Threat Intelligence, and Law Enforcement communities
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in Austin, TX.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.