At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
At One Medical our Healthcare Providers built strong relationships with patients and strive to deliver excellent care to all. Our Medical Scribes play a critical role in helping to ensure this is possible by accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed. As well as spotting mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation and check to correct the information in order to reduce errors. This role reports to the local Office Manager.
The ideal candidate will provide the highest quality customer service to patients, adhere to practice protocols and processes, and effectively manage the volume of work without allowing quality to be compromised. You have mastered the art of communication and multi-tasking, enjoy partnering with providers and have an eye for detail. You have the ability to learn from failure, and make the best out of any situation with your positive attitude.
What You'll Likely Work On
- Transcribe patient orders, including but not limited to laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Spot mistakes or inconsistencies in medical documentation and check to correct the information in order to reduce errors.
You'll Be Set Up For Success If You Have:
- Ability to work 24 hours a week, Monday through Friday
- Resiliency, the ability to learn from failure, and make the BEST out of any situation
- A positive attitude and are empathetic and open to feedback
- A high comfort level typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems
- Strong attention to detail and you consistently follow-through
- Strong written communication skills including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Experience with medical terminology
- At least one year of Medical Scribe experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today:
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
- Competitive salary: starts at $20/hr
Protecting your future for you and your family:
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a part time role (24 hours a week) position located in Hayes Valley, San Francisco.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.