At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
One Medical is seeking to hire a Senior Accounts Payable (Sr. AP) Specialist to join our Finance team at our San Francisco Headquarters. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Sr. AP Specialist will work cross-functionally to support Accounts Payable across the organization. Specifically, the Sr. AP Specialist will focus on One Medical’s virtual card platform, ensuring compliance both internally and externally, implementing process improvement practices, and assisting with month-end and audit procedures. Additional responsibilities include participation in broader month end close processes, annual external audit, account reconciliations and review while collaborating with business partners and team members to ensure expenses and/or accruals have been completed. Working side by side with the Accounts Payable team, the Sr. AP Specialist will drive continuous improvement and habitually evaluate processes in order to optimize and streamline workflows. Additionally, the Sr. AP Specialist will possess exemplary organizational skills and will be comfortable managing multiple priorities in a dynamic and evolving environment.
The Sr. AP Specialist will demonstrate strong prioritization skills, with experience in prioritizing tasks to ensure service level agreements are met. Moreover, it is paramount that the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist communicate effectively and demonstrate the ability to follow through on commitments. The successful candidate enjoys discovering new ways to grow and be challenged, learns from new experiences and people, and takes advantage of available developmental resources; as for the right individual, tremendous growth potential exists as One Medical grows as an organization. If you display a high degree of self-awareness, solicit and welcome feedback as a vehicle for growth and improvement, communicate effectively and demonstrate the ability to follow through on commitments, we would love to speak with you!
What you'll likely work on:
- Manage One Medical’s virtual card program, including reconciliations and compliance to company policy
- Process invoices as part of a team of three payables specialists
- Manage business licenses and other government filings as needed, including but not limited to sales and use tax and annual census requests
- Ensure completion of 1099 filing, including vendor review
- Manage state escheatment processes
- Assist with corporate card compliance monitoring
- Collaborate with team members to continuously evaluate processes for improvement
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in accounts payable or related accounting roles
- Strong attention to detail, process-oriented and a broader systems perspective
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a relentless focus on the customer
- Understanding of the AP close and related system functionality, including experience with approval workflow systems and expense reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree required; degree in accounting preferred
- Proficiency with Excel
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.