At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
At One Medical we build software that our members use and all the software that our doctors and nurses use to deliver great care. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways. We are growing rapidly - building new offices, expanding to new markets, and providing new services (e.g. pediatrics) - and the Growth team is an integral part of our strategy.
As a Senior Growth Engineer, you'll be expected to help us grow our business through quick experimentation and feature build out to drive membership growth, retention, and engagement. In our highly collaborative environment, not only will you be partnering with designers and product managers, you’ll also be working with Marketing and other teams to align efforts and share data on what moves the needle. You'll work throughout the technology stack and have responsibility for functionality our business relies on every minute of the day.
This role is particularly well-suited for someone who values data, moving fast, having significant ownership of their work, and helping to lead the direction of the team and/or partnering and mentoring other engineers. Our goal is to run experiments early to inform where we should invest. .
We are a collaborative and intellectually curious group. We have strong opinions yet keep them loosely held--it’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels safe and support to voice their thoughts and ideas. If you buy in to these ideologies, we’d love to find a time to connect.
What you'll work on:
- Build out fullstack features to drive membership growth
- Run experiments and A/B tests throughout the product using Optimizely and internal experimentation framework to drive membership, retention, and engagement
- Front end features and experiments to create a full funnel user experience that speaks to member motivations
- Turn winning experiments into full product features
- Data analytics and instrumentation using Mixpanel
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 4+ years of development experience in a high-performing engineering organization
- Dedication for writing and delivering elegant, bug-free, and performant code to create the optimal user experience
- Proven experience shepherding moderate to high complexity features successfully from technical design through completion
- Experience with our technology stack. Our applications are built on Angular 7 and Ruby on Rails; experience with either is preferred but are not requirements to be successful in this role
- Communication and collaboration skills that allow you to successfully partner with other teams (technical and non-technical)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or experience deploying into other cloud services
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g.MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related industry experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.