At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
At One Medical, Senior Infrastructure Security Engineers work on a Security Team that identifies threats and risks, vulnerabilities and attack vectors, and works with Engineering and IT to develop ways to mitigate and prevent. This is very much a leading security role, where you have the opportunity to take ownership in the overall direction of the security of the infrastructure for our products, as well as across the corporate IT enterprise. If you like to find vulnerabilities in infrastructure and you know what it takes to secure clouds, then this role is for you.
This role is on the front lines of securing hundreds of thousands of people’s healthcare and personal information. It is not just about finding and fixing vulns; it is very much revolutionizing the security of healthcare. Bring your technical chops to a really good cause!
What you'll likely work on:
- Find vulnerabilities in infrastructure and find ways to fix and/or mitigate them.
- Hands-on security testing and review of cloud environments, networks, servers, containers, automated pipelines
- Hands-on security testing of medical devices
- Architect and design and harden cloud environments
- Threat modeling product features and production environments
- Security partnership with teams across the organization (IT, Product, Marketing...and more!)
- Infrastructure security guidance and architecture oversight, design reviews, and security feature roadmap collaboration
- Security research, presentations, publications, and security industry collaboration
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Deep knowledge and experience of AWS security, network security, and endpoint security
- Infrastructure security experience with hands-on testing, finding vulnerabilities, and working with engineers to mitigate vulnerabilities.
- Experience with OS level security and DB level security models
- Experience with network segmentation, network access controls, network monitoring
- Relevant working experience with Unix/Linux, Windows, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Kibernetes, Docker, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Proficiency with Python is a big plus
- Experience with scripting, shells, automation
- Proficiency in common DevOps environments
- Knowledge of real world, applied crypto techniques
- Experience with vulnerability management and configuration management.
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience
Nice to haves:
- Penetration and/or Red Team testing experience
- Blue Team experience
- Production cloud security experience
- Production network security experience
- CI and automation experience
- Good sense of humor
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.