At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
At One Medical we build software that our members use and all the software that our doctors and nurses use to deliver great care. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways.
As a Principal Software Engineer (Fullstack), you'll be expected to help build and support our products, while creating new ones. In our highly collaborative environment, not only will you be partnering with designers and product managers, you’ll also be sitting shoulder to shoulder with the doctors and nurses who deliver care daily to One Medical patients. You'll work throughout the technology stack and have responsibility for functionality our clinicians rely on every minute of the day.
This role is particularly well-suited for someone who values having significant ownership of their work, helping to lead the direction of the team and/or partnering and mentoring other engineers.
We are a collaborative and intellectually curious group. We have strong opinions yet keep them loosely held--it’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels safe and support to voice their thoughts and ideas. If you buy in to these ideologies, we’d love to find a time to connect.
What you'll work on:
- Helping to design our technical architecture and to set technical direction
- Mentoring team members and sharing experience and learnings
- Breaking our applications up into multiple services
- Engaging members in taking a more active role in their own health
- Integrate medical data and make it easier for doctors to access information from before a patient joined One Medical
- Allow patients to automatically report stats so they and their doctor can track progress
- Visualize data so doctors can quickly understand a patient’s medical history
- Engage patients and learn how we can better serve their needs
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 10+ years of development experience in a high-performing engineering organization
- Dedication for writing and delivering elegant, bug-free, and performant code to create the optimal user experience
- Proven experience shepherding moderate to high complexity features successfully from technical design through completion
- Experience with our technology stack. Our applications are built on Angular 7 and Ruby on Rails; experience with either is preferred but are not requirements to be successful in this role
- Communication and collaboration skills that allow you to successfully partner with other teams (technical and non-technical)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or experience deploying into other cloud services
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g.MySQL, Postgres, etc.)
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related industry experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.