At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for treasury operations, real estate accounting and various account reconciliations, in addition to assisting with month-end close. A focus on operational excellence and consistency in meeting deadlines will be critical to success in this role. If you possess an in-depth understanding of GAAP accounting principles and tech-savviness to perform various general accounting activities and financial analyses, we’d love to speak with you!
The ideal candidate will be a good listener and an effective communicator in a variety of settings including one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. S/he will be expected to provide timely and helpful information to others across the team and organization on a regular basis. S/he will be adept at making sense of high quantity and complex information, acquiring data from multiple sources when solving problems. A successful Senior Accountant will identify the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement and efficient workflow. S/he will enthusiastically take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and high energy. For the right individual, there is tremendous potential to grow with us as we expand.
What you'll likely work on:
- Responsible for treasury operations, including cash management and accounting
- Assist with various aspects of the monthly close process, including but not limited to journal entry and account reconciliation preparation
- Prepare and file annual property tax returns
- Analyze month end financial reports and perform variance analysis
- Documentation of internal control narratives and company policies and ensure compliance
Participate in annual external audit and provide support as necessary
- Assist in preparation of monthly and annual internal and external financial statements, including annual financial statement footnotes
- Coordinate accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 5+ years’ work experience
- Exposure to accounting in large or public company environment
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail, process-oriented and a big-picture thinker
- Expertise in Excel
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth and evolving environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting required
- Experience in a public accounting firm preferred
- CPA or CPA candidate desirable
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.