At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
As a key member of the Strategy team, the Contract Manager will help develop and strengthen One Medical’s relationships with external payer partners while coordinating internally to support these relationships. Reporting to, and working closely with, our Chicago-based Director of Contracting, you will manage the day to day operations of our health plan & IPA relationships including taking on various projects of diverse scope and complexity. You will work cross-functionally with internal teams as well as with external partners such as IPAs, ACOs, health systems, and health plans in new and existing markets. You understand and will help translate internal and external partner needs, along with One Medical requirements, into actionable plans as we develop new and foster existing payer partnerships. Additionally, the Contract Manager will support the development and implementation of a standard approach to managing these relationships by building and refining the tools and platforms required.
If you are relentlessly customer-focused, adept at effective communication, enjoy collaborating across different disciplines, are action and detail oriented, and comfortable taking the initiative in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, this opportunity could be a strong fit for you. You love a challenge and thrive when you are juggling competing priorities and multiple constituents under minimal supervision. You have a history of exceeding objectives and developing high-quality relationships and are ready to bring that experience and drive to the exciting growth at One Medical!
What you'll likely work on:
- Manage our external IPA & health plan relationships, directly, or indirectly through health system partnership team, to include renewals, contracts, & amendments
- Engage existing partners to drive to value-based payment models in conjunction with our quality and value team
- Communicate all contract and network participation changes, contract status and contracting/health plan escalated issues/communications to relevant internal parties, including marketing, billing & revenue cycle, finance, operations, and strategy
- Serve as the liaison and manage the centralized payer team inbox within internal SLAs commitments
- Work closely with the Strategic Partnerships Manager and team on external partner payer needs during implementation and account management phase
- Develop an understanding of the healthcare landscape in all current and proposed One Medical market
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 1-3 years of relevant experience managing health plan, IPA, or external partner relationships
- At least one year managing health plan, IPA, and provider/health system contracts and reimbursement methodologies
- Proficiency in G Suite, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Fluency in support financial reporting and data analysis related to existing contracts, amendments, and/or ongoing contract negotiations
- Experience with value-based reimbursement terms and methodologies a plus
- Bachelor's degree in finance, health administration or business administration related field is highly desirable, or equivalent experience
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role preferably based in Chicago, IL or San Francisco, CA. This role includes flexibility to travel as needed (~20%-30%).
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.