At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
One Medical is seeking a Director of Construction to join our Real Estate team. Reporting to the Vice President of Real Estate and Development, the Director of Construction will be responsible for capital budget preparation, strategic planning, design adherence and project management ensuring all construction project managers and contractors adhere to schedules. Externally, to be best positioned for success, this individual will foster productive working relationships with the design and construction contracting community that provides services to One Medical. Internally, he or she will collaborate across the organization with other departments including Facilities Management, Design and Operations.
The ideal candidate enthusiastically takes on new opportunities and challenges and displays an optimistic “can-do” attitude in both good times and bad. S/he is comfortable holding self and others accountable to meet agreed-upon commitments, and demonstrates professional savvy to efficiently get things done with a focus on continuous improvement. The successful candidate has experience making sense of complex and high quantity information, and is able to acquire relevant data from diverse sources when solving problems. If you are energized by a high growth organization and enjoy working collaboratively internally and with external stakeholders, we’d love to speak with you!
What you'll likely work on:
- Ensure that the construction team’s goals align with organizational mission, strategy, policies, and performance measures
- Build and foster productive working relationships with the design and construction contracting communities that provide services to One Medical
- Oversee development and maintenance of comprehensive information on building materials, construction processes, trade practices and standards, and applicable building codes and regulations
- Manage the staff, resources, and budgets of project management/construction group
- Conduct regular construction project update meetings
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- At least 4 years’ experience managing internal and external teams in a retail construction environment
- Experience with retail lease language for properties 2000 - 5000 square feet
- Experience in contract negotiations and employee and vendor management
- Financial review and reporting experience for both capital and expense budgets
- Experience in asset management and tracking
- Knowledge of union and non-union labor pools
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, with up to 30% travel.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.