At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience. One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
One Medical also serves employers looking to make an investment in their employees’ health and wellbeing by providing them membership to One Medical as an employee benefit. Our employer business has been growing rapidly, and One Medical now serves over 250 employers including great companies like Airbnb, Pinterest, Zendesk, WeWork and many more.
We are looking for an exceptional, client-centric, team-based leader to lead our West Coast client portfolio and team. As the Client Services leader for the West Coast, you will be responsible for building and leading a high-performing strategic account management team, delivering strong program outcomes for our clients and One Medical, and ultimately driving client retention and renewal. You will also be directly responsible for some of our most strategic client relationships, consultatively partnering with them to deliver the One Medical benefit and to help shape their healthcare delivery strategy.
In this role, you will own the overall health and success of our West Coast book of business, and will be ultimately accountable for your team’s attainment of our client renewal targets. This role plays a crucial part in One Medical’s growth and strategy by scaling and building out our rapidly-growing employer business, and reports to the Vice President of Enterprise Client Services.
In this role, you’re likely to:
- Lead, build and scale our West Coast account management team, from implementing key workflow processes (account planning, forecasting) to developing talent (training, career pathways) to building a strong, high-performance team culture
- Work closely with cross-departmental teams to drive key program outcomes (enrollment, utilization and client satisfaction) and key business outcomes (client retention, renewal and growth) across the West Coast portfolio
- Develop strategic account plans to strengthen and grow the client accounts you directly manage
- Partner with internal teams to develop, roll out and implement our next-generation product offering enhancements and additions across our client portfolio
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 5+ years of strategic account management experience serving large, complex clients and 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Demonstrated track record consistently achieving goals and deadlines, while anticipating setbacks and managing competing priorities
- Operational and project management experience managing and working with cross-functional teams to design, implement and deliver client solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with proven ability to persuade a wide range of audiences and to convey information clearly and succinctly
- High proficiency in Salesforce, Powerpoint and Excel (interviews may include live exercises using these)
- Prior experience in healthcare benefits or HR a plus
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.