At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
We have big plans for growth and are seeking a Design Coordinator with strong project management skills to join our growing Real Estate team to assist in the maintenance and development of One Medical offices across our markets. As the Design Coordinator for One Medical you will report to the Director of Design and play an integral role in ensuring that our current fleet of offices always look and function, at their best. Your hands-on experience and input will have a direct impact on reimagining the medical office of the future.
One Medical a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment where you will use your curiosity and passion for design to continually improve the patient experience through design. You will work closely with a variety of cross-functional internal teams ranging across construction, operations, clinical and marketing to manage designs projects that meet One Medical’s brand expectations. You will maintain and enhance the FF&E database, develop space plans and design solutions for existing locations, and work with external teams and vendors to execute the design vision while maintaining cost, schedule, and operational requirements. The successful candidate will have excellent project management and time management skills with a keen eye for detail.
What you'll likely work on:
- Work with on-site teams and outside vendors to develop and execute design solutions for existing One Medical locations, to include floor plans and elevations, renderings, color and furniture selection, etc.
- Implement One Medical’s prototypical design and finishes, as appropriate, into existing locations and remodels/refreshes
- Assist the Design, Construction and Facilities teams on day-to-day tasks ranging from space planning and furniture selection to coordination communication and vendor management
- Maintain and enhance One Medical’s FF&E database
- Develop and maintain outside design and FF&E vendor resources and library
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture required
- 3-5 years of experience in the design industry
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Adobe CS
- Experience in specifying FF&E and color and materials
- Effective collaboration and communication with internal teams and external partners
- Proficiency in Revit is a plus
- Experience working in retail or hospitality design is a plus
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Extra contributions toward maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA, with expected travel up to 20% both in the Bay Area and nationally.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.