At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
As we continue to expand and transform the primary care experience, we’re looking for energetic and passionate leaders to manage the people, processes, and technology that make One Medical unique. As a Membership Advisor Manager, you’ll be responsible for meeting One Medical patient promises of truly outstanding new member service experience. In collaboration with your manager and other local operations managers, you will execute our mission of delivering high-quality care and service in your team. Specifically, you’ll manage the membership advisor team to ensure One Medical is a great experience for both patients and team members.
The ideal candidate is a strong team leader and innovative problem-solver, with a love for service and a passion for changing healthcare. You are self-aware and a continual learner. You focus on the big picture, have mastered the One Medical membership advisor competencies and are looking for your next opportunity that has an emphasis on developing talent, driving engagement and all things people management.
What you'll likely work on:
- Build and develop an engaged and empowered team of membership advisors. Support this team using Lean Service principles to meet patient and team experience goals
- Spend time in the office observing and learning from your team members to regularly identify waste and processes that are not adding value to the member experience
- Model the ideal team member experience through excellent onboarding, training, performance feedback, and skill coaching in regular 1:1s of your team
- Manage your team / collaborate with our central teams
- Engage your team to solve local problems using daily huddles, problem-solving thinking, and other tools, escalating systemic issues when required
- Cultivate an environment of engagement through empowering team members. Offer continuous learning opportunities, with development into new roles for high performers with long-term potential
- Manage communication, with context, between your office and other districts, regional, and central teams
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- At least 1 year as a people manager for a customer service or hospitality team, with evidence of making your teams better by developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals
- Proven track record of collaboration; relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Involvement in culture-building activities and/or process improvement projects; knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Experience handling conflict situations effectively, with minimal noise
- Evidence of creating a climate in which people are motivated to their best to help the organization achieve its goals; holding yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Top-notch Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- PTO, Paid Holidays, and Sabbatical at 5 and 10 years
- 401K Match
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- One Medical Membership for you and your family
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.