At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
As we continue to expand and transform the primary care experience, we’re looking for energetic and passionate leaders to manage the people, processes, and technology that make One Medical unique. As an Office Manager, you’ll be responsible for meeting One Medical patient promises of outstanding quality of care, access, and truly patient-centered experiences at an affordable cost. In collaboration with your manager, the District Manager, and your clinical partner, the Office Medical Director (OMD), you will execute our mission of delivering high-quality care and service in your office using The One Medical Performance System (TOPS). Specifically, you’ll manage the admin team and office operations to ensure One Medical is a great experience for both patients and team members.
The ideal candidate is a strong team leader and innovative problem-solver, with a love for service and a passion for changing healthcare. You are self-aware, a continual learner, and focus on the big picture. You have mastered the art of customer-service, administrative work and motivating a team or peers. You are currently looking for your next opportunity that has an emphasis on developing talent, driving engagement and all things people management at an organization that is transforming health care!
What you'll likely work on:
- Build an engaged office team leveraging CICARE (a framework containing the key elements of a great interaction and effective communication that we use with patients and each other), Active Daily Management, and Lean principles to meet patient and team experience goals
- Model the ideal team member experience through excellent onboarding, training, performance feedback, skill coaching, learning opportunities and engaged career development
- Develop and support the team of administrative assistants at your home office and district-wide
- Ensure members/patients have an amazing experience - timely access to the care they need (appointments, phleb visits, messages and calls) and their issues are resolved quickly, with minimal waste and friction
- Engage your team to solve local problems, escalating systemic issues to your manager or central teams
- Manage your facility / collaborate with our central teams
- Manage communication, with context, between your office and other districts, regional, and central teams
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 1-3 years of experience managing high-performing teams
- Ability to foster strong, collaborative team-dynamics that ensure a supportive and engaged team culture
- Proven track record of leading successful change management and process improvement efforts
- Experience in healthcare, particularly in collaboration with clinicians, is highly desirable
- Familiarity with G Suite and Electronic Health Record systems are a plus
- Top-notch Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- PTO, Paid Holidays, and Sabbatical at 5 and 10 years
- 401K Match
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- One Medical Membership for you and your family
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, California. Your home office would be set with your manager upon hire.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.