At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
One Medical is seeking a talented Compliance and Privacy Manager to join its Legal team. This role reports directly to the Compliance Officer, and will assist with development, implementation, and oversight of the daily operations of the compliance program, inclusive of HIPAA and regulatory agency requirements. In addition, the Compliance and Privacy Manager functions as an internal consultant on special projects or initiatives, providing technical and regulatory guidance to all departments in accordance with applicable regulations and standards. S/he will work cross-functionally to assess compliance gaps and identify solutions. This is an exciting opportunity for a sophisticated Compliance and Privacy professional to be part of a rapidly growing organization at the forefront of healthcare.
The ideal candidate will take on new challenges and opportunities with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm. S/he will have an eye for detail and be a strong project manager, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously. In order to be successful, the Compliance and Privacy Manager will know which questions to ask to accurately analyze complex situations and uncover root causes of difficult problems. S/he will quickly gain the trust and support of all stakeholders and work collaboratively across the organization to achieve objectives and problem-solve. Additionally, the incoming Compliance and Privacy Manager step up to address difficult issues and will demonstrate confidence under pressure, handling and managing crises effectively and calmly.
What you'll likely work on:
- Providing technical and regulatory guidance to all departments on compliance and privacy matters to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards
- Participating in workgroups that address both clinical and non-clinical internal activities to meet any regulatory, contractual, internal or other requirements
- Driving education of compliance and privacy, training and orientation for all employees, temporary employees, and contractors
- Establishes and administers a process for receiving, documenting, tracking, investigating and taking action on all complaints concerning privacy policies and practices; investigates and evaluates suspected breaches, sends notification letters to patients when required, and submits required reports to the Office of Civil Rights (OCR). Reports to the outside agencies timely in accordance to the law; Provides remediation and training to mitigate privacy breaches
- Assists leadership in responding to, recording and resolving patient grievances and complaints
- Working closely with the Compliance Officer in directing and supervising compliance in audit and review activities to ensure satisfactory completion and to minimize compliance risk
- Assisting in preparation of audit, compliance, risk and quality updates for the Compliance Committee, Board committees and Board meetings.
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- 3 years’ experience in a healthcare organization with a focus on healthcare compliance
- At least 1 year experience with HIPAA privacy
- Excellent communication skills and high level of detail orientation
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) desirable
- Advanced degree in law or healthcare administration highly desirable
- Top-notch Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- PTO, Paid Holidays, and Sabbatical at 5 and 10 years
- 401K Match
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- One Medical Membership for you and your family
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, California.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.