At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the healthcare industry by offering a new approach to primary care. This isn’t your average doctor’s office – we combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations in major cities nationwide. You’ll find us in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington, DC and most recently, San Diego.
Our mission is to transform health care for all by building a world-class primary care system that delivers the highest-quality care and service affordably. We have the potential to fix our healthcare system by building a top-notch organization with amazing people, thoughtful process, and innovative technology.
We’re looking for passionate individuals to join our administrative assistant team in our Burlingame office.
This is a dynamic role that requires a human-centered approach and nimble, hands-on attitude. Our administrative assistants partner with our providers to deliver the best healthcare experience for our members. People who enjoy in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with attention to detail will enjoy working at One Medical.
What You'll Likely Work On
- You are an integral member of our member’s healthcare experience. Whether it’s resolving a insurance claim or checking a member into their appointment, you are the first touch point for our members throughout their One Medical experience.
- You will seek out opportunities to elevate the One Medical experience for our members.
- You’ll collaborate with fellow admins, providers and your manager to improve the member experience at your office.
- You’ll have opportunities to partner with different teams to improve existing processes.
- You’ll be a knowledgeable resource for your team and our members.
- You’ll own your tasks and consistently follow-through to make sure they are completed with the utmost care.
- Daily tasks can consist of schedule appointments, obtain insurance authorizations for testing or prescriptions, find a specialist outside of our network, work on a billing issue with insurance and much more.
You'll Be Set Up For Success If You Have:
- Ability to work full-time, Monday through Friday
- Excellent communication and can adapt your approach to multiple groups
- Resiliency, the ability to learn from failure, and make the BEST out of any situation
- A positive attitude and are empathetic and open to feedback
- Critical thinking - you understand nuance and can read between the lines
- A high comfort level typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems
- Strong attention to detail and you consistently follow-through on goals despite obstacles
- Strong written communication skills including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- BA/BS degree preferred or commensurate experience
- Top-notch Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- PTO, Paid Holidays, and Sabbatical at 5 and 10 years
- 401K Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- One Medical Membership for you and your family
- Competitive salary: starts at $20/hr
This is a full-time position located in Burlingame, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.