One Medical is a medical technology company with a national network of doctors’ offices at its heart. Our mission is to transform health care for all by building a primary care system that delivers the highest-quality care and service affordably. And our Product Team welcomes such an impactful and bold challenge.
Our team is dedicated facilitating thoughtful human interaction with technology. We’re solving a number of compelling problems, including mobile triage, interactive visualization of personal health data, real-time video, wearable integrations, and social/behavioral change.
We’re looking for a creative, design-oriented Android developer to join our team to help empower our patients to live healthier lives, and our providers to deliver world class care.
- Rich Android development skills, including a solid understanding of Java, RxJava and Dagger, application lifecycle strategies, data management, layout, and interactions with RESTful APIs. Bonus points for familiarity with Kotlin, Realm, automated testing, GraphQL, and Ruby on Rails.
- Fluency with Material Design and passion for great UX.
- Published apps in Google Play, open source code on GitHub, experience building accessible apps, or experience creating smooth transitions and animations.
- 3 - 5+ years Android experience, preferably in the consumer product space.
- A person with vision. You relish the opportunity to take a basic app and make it into something big and beautiful.
- A collaborative thinker. You enjoy working closely with all your coworkers -- both technical and clinical -- and discussing designs and trade-offs with your teammates.
- A thoughtful achiever. You strive to create the complete product. You think through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value great design, maintainability and security.
- An owner of everything you do. You take pride in writing elegant, performant code and delivering beautiful apps.
- A constant learner. Always watching for and learning about new tools and technologies to take your Android apps to the next level.
- Life changing vision. We believe in applying user-centered design, leading edge technology, and a team of talented providers and technologists to reinvent the world of healthcare.
- Progress in action. We regularly visit our offices to shadow the clinicians who use our software. We are able to have instantaneous feedback and iterate on our solutions very quickly. Our 'user testing labs' are real providers in real situations and we have the satisfaction of solving real problems.
- Modern technology. We believe in staying up to date with current trends, monitoring and evaluating our needs, and using the best technology to power our business.
- Inspiring and committed teammates. We place a high value on openness, thoughtful decision-making, and a fun-spirited environment. Outside of work, some of us are scaling mountains on our bikes, photographing hidden parts of San Francisco, flying trapeze, and finding our inner zen through yoga or meditation or parenting.
- We work in the heart of the Financial District in downtown San Francisco. 2 blocks from the Montgomery Street station. Lots of restaurants and coffee. And five One Medical doctors’ offices within a 10 minute walk!