We are expanding quickly and we’re looking for people who are passionate about making healthcare better for all. Our mission is to build a top-notch organization with awesome people, thoughtful processes and innovative technology.
This a dynamic role with many moving pieces and requires adaptability. Our admins clear the healthcare clutter and provide a tailored experience for each of our patients. People that enjoy working in a face-paced, autonomous environment where they have ownership of their work will enjoy working at One Medical.
What You'll Likely Work On:
- You are an integral member of a patient’s healthcare experience. Whether it’s taking a 30 minute insurance call or scheduling a ride for a patient, you help our members navigate the intricate healthcare system.
- You will seek out opportunities to wow our patients
- You’ll work everyday to make their care more human-centered
- Learn from your peers, managers, and providers to consistently improve your performance as well as the team’s
- View roadblocks as an opportunity to improve a process and make your team’s work more efficient
- Act as a knowledgeable resource and resolve day-to-day emergencies for your team, the patients, and our providers
- Schedule appointments, obtain insurance authorizations for testing or prescriptions, find a specialist outside of our network, work on a billing issue, and much more
- You’ll own your tasks and consistently follow-through to make sure they are completed in a timely fashion and with the utmost care
You'll Be Set Up For Success If You Have:
- Excellent communication and can adapt your approach to multiple groups
- Resiliency, the ability to learn from failure, and make the BEST out of any situation
- A positive attitude and are empathetic and open to feedback
- Critical thinking - you understand nuance and can read between the lines
- A high comfort level typing, navigating the internet and using multiple software systems
- Strong attention to detail and you consistently follow-through on goals despite obstacles
- Strong written communication skills including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- BA/BS degree preferred or commensurate experience
- Top-notch Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- PTO, Paid Holidays, and Sabbatical at 5 and 10 years
- 401K Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- One Medical Membership for you and your family
- Competitive salary: starts at $17/hr
This is a full-time position located in Washington, DC.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.