At One Medical we are passionate about revolutionizing the primary care industry by offering a new approach to primary care. We combine people-centered design, technology, and a team of talented health care providers to give our members an amazing experience.
One Medical is the fastest-growing primary care system in the country with over 70 locations nationwide in Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Seattle, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Washington, DC.
At One Medical we build that software that our members use and all the software that our doctors and nurses use to deliver great care. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways.
Our Product Development team is growing and we’re looking for additional software engineers to help build and support our products, while creating new ones. In our highly collaborative environment, not only will you be partnering with designers and product managers, you’ll also be sitting shoulder to shoulder with the doctors and nurses who deliver care daily to One Medical patients. You'll work throughout the technology stack and have responsibility for functionality our clinicians rely on every minute of the day.
This role is particularly well-suited for someone who values having significant ownership of their work, helping to lead the direction of the team and/or partnering and mentoring other engineers.
We are a collaborative and intellectually curious group. We have strong opinionated yet keep them loosely held--it’s important to us we create an environment where everyone feels safe and support to voice their thoughts and ideas. If you buy in to these ideologies, we’d love to find a time to connect.
What you'll likely work on:
- Engaging members in taking a more active role in their own health
- Integrate medical data and make it easier for doctors to access information from before a patient joined One Medical
- Allow patients to automatically report stats so they and their doctor can track progress
- Visualize data so doctors can quickly understand a patient’s medical history
- Engage patients and learn how we can better serve their needs
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Solid Object Oriented design and implementation skills
- Ruby on Rails experience preferred
- Angular knowledge is a plus
- Ability to write performant code
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with partners across the team.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related experience
- Ownership of everything you do. You take pride in building and delivering elegant code.
- Collaborative thinking. You enjoy working closely with all your coworkers -- both technical and clinical -- and discussing technical designs and trade-offs with your teammates.
- Thoughtful achievement. You strive to craft the complete product. You think through everything you build, from architecture and design to code and testing. You value scalability, maintainability and security.
- The desire to do something bigger than just another job. You want to apply your skills to a cause that you care about, while working with a talented and fun team.
- Top-notch Dental, Vision, and Health Insurance
- PTO, Paid Holidays, and Sabbatical at 5 and 10 years
- 401K Match
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- One Medical Membership for you and your family
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants from every background and life experience.