Love tater tots? We do too! But the potato version isn’t the kind of thing we can eat very often. That versatile veggie cauliflower stars in this healthy twist on the old classic, and the whole recipe takes less than 30 minutes.
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 3 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- To cook the cauliflower florets, steam 2 cups of raw cauliflower florets in a little water in a covered pot for for 4 to 5 minutes. They should be tender but not mushy. Then dry them on a paper towel.
- Finely chop the cooked florets.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the cauliflower mixture in your hands and roll into small ovals. Place on the cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes, turning halfway through cooking until golden.
Makes about 32 – 34 tots
Servings: 4 • Size: 8 tots • Calories: 148 • Fat: 5 g • Protein: 10 g • Carb: 16 g • Fiber: 3 g • Sugar: 2 g • Sodium: 397 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 47 mg